That’s a great question! And before we answer that question, maybe a better question should be WHY do you want to deactivate or delete your amazon Seller account?
Are sales Low? Can’t justify the monthly $39.99 seller’s fee? Maybe you’re better off downgrading from a Professional to a Personal account. You’ll pay $0.99 per transaction, which may help with budgeting. Maybe you want to downgrade instead? Here’s how:
- In the Manage section on the left, click Manage.
- On the My Services page, select Downgrade
- Click Confirm Selling Plan Change to agree to the conditions and change your plan.
Overwhelmed with fulfilling orders? If you haven’t considered moving to an FBA model, maybe now’s the time. While you will pay more in storage and fulfillment fees, but there is substantial peace of mind knowing orders and returns are processed quickly.
Need a temporary break? Maybe you should put your store on “vacation mode”. Here’s how:
- Login to your seller central account.
- Hover over Settings and then click on Account Info.
- Click on Going on holidays?
- Click Active option and then click on Save option.
Want to diversify? Maybe it’s time to open up your own website and sell directly to customers. Although building up a large customer base on your own e-commerce site may take time, it’s always a great idea to have your products available on “properties” you own – not just marketplaces.
Before we give you the step-by-step instructions – Please note the following:
- Ensure that all orders have been fulfilled
- You will have to wait 90 days after your last sale (this insures that any A to z claims can be honored)
- Seller acccount can not be suspended
- You banking information should be valid
- Your account balance must be $0.00
Are you ready to delete your Amazon seller Account? Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Amazon Seller Account (If you have multiple Amazon accounts make sure you’re signing in to the proper account before proceeding.)
- Click on the products and services that are connected to the account you want to delete.
- You will come across a prompt that asks you to select a reason for closing the account in the drown-down menu provided.
- Click on the box that says “Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data,” then click on Close My Account
- You will receive a link through email or text message to confirm the action.
- Click on the Confirm Account Closure link to delete your account.
- Your Amazon account is closed! Double-check to see if the process was successful by logging in to Amazon again. If you can’t log back in, it means your account has been deleted.
Unless you’re absolutely sure about completely shutting down your seller account, you have some temporary options before you make the permanent (and irrevocable) decision to close your account. If your seller account is at risk, or you’re having challenges with your Amazon seller’s account, please reach out to the experts at Axelligence! We’ll give you a free account audit and some proactive advice to maintain the health of your account.
Suspended Account? We help Amazon sellers with ALL suspension types! We’ll write and submit a Plan of Action to get you back to what you do best – selling!