As Amazon sellers, you know that an ASIN is a unique identifier for the product on Amazon. If you’re a manufacturer, your ASIN becomes your own. But if you sell other brands you will be using already existing ASIN numbers.
From one of our clients:
“Hi, a few days ago one of my products got blocked. I got an email from seller performance stating that the reason for the ASIN suspension Complaint Type: Inauthentic Items
ASIN Suspensions are a very common, yet frustrating problem. It can be devastating for your business. Why did your ASIN get suspended and what can you do about it?
- An ASIN suspension may happen to sellers who use drop shipping, as these suppliers may be providing a lower quality product.
- Pro tip: Have all products inspected by a 3rd party before shipping to Amazon.
- If an ASIN is suspended for inauthenticity, you will need to provide Amazon with invoices to prove your supply chain.
- Pro Tips for Receipts / Invoices:
- Legible, authentic and unaltered
- Item(s) under review should closely match catalogue item
- Show listing quantities (of at least 10 items)
- Clearly show supplier and buyer information, invoice date, and item(s) descriptions and quantities
- The invoices were issued in the last 180 days.
- Contact information from supplier must be verifiable
Stay on top of feedback and messages! If you see a trend – be proactive. Amazon will watch feedback, metrics and complaints and will suspend an ASIN if they see negative customer reactions.
- Audit product information to ensure it matches Amazon’s policies
- Update yourself on Amazon’s policies & agreements (don’t forget – as a seller you’ve agreed to comply with all of them!)
- Follow Amazon news to make sure Amazon hasn’t updated any requirements
Never sell Knock-offs!
Prioritize quality, customer service and your reputation over purchasing cheap items that could lead to suspensions.
- For PRIVATE LABELS Why you SHOULD register your Private Label with Amazon Brand Registry
- Registering your brand with Amazon gives you increased control over your products’ titles, details, images, and other attributes. It also has the potential to reduce matching errors that may occur during listing.
- ASIN REVIEWS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE: Did you know: If your private label brand isn’t registered with Amazon Brand Registry, and the ASIN is suspended, when you register you brand with Amazon Brand Registry YOU WILL LOSE need to create a new ASIN and you will lose ALL YOUR REVIEWS!
HIJACKED LISTINGS – If your private label brand isn’t registered with Amazon Brand Registry, other sellers are able to edit the listing, e.g., remove the brand name from the title.
Need help learning about Amazon’s ASIN creation policy? https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=201844590