No matter if you’re a newbie or a pro at Amazon Selling, it’s important to keep in mind the specific Amazon policies that will keep you in good standing at Seller Central. Keep from getting your Amazon seller account suspended. Violating procedures could get you suspended. So keep yourself and your staff aware, well trained, and prepared ARE your best paths to success!! What could put you at risk?
PERFORMANCE: VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
Amazon’s User Experience and Feedback from customers are among their most important metrics. Regularly check your Amazon Dashboard! Review customer feedback and listing quality – this should be your daily priority!! Receiving negative feedback? Check for the following:
- Shipping times — Make sure you’re shipping orders on time and updating tracking information.
- High Cancellation Rate – Use up-to-date- inventory software to keep listings accurate so you don’t oversell
- High Defect Rate – Check the packaging, labeling, etc. to keep your products in the most pristine condition when they reach the customer
RESTRICTED OR INAUTHENTIC PRODUCTS
Don’t risk a suspension by selling items that are inauthentic or counterfeit, To protect yourself from this problem, check for the following:
- Detailed and accurate invoices from all suppliers / distributors
- Authority (permission) to sell branded items
- For more details and the complete list of restricted products, visit seller central at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200164330
MULTIPLE SELLER ACCOUNTS / RELATED ACCOUNTS
Unless you have a very specific reason do not open a secondary seller account. You may risk suspension on BOTH accounts.Bottom Line? Your success as an Amazon seller depends both upon your commitment to a high-level of customer service and your awareness of Amazon’s ever-changing selling policies and procedures. Good luck and read our weekly blog to learn more about how to make YOUR store successful!!
Need help setting up NEW AMAZON account? Have you received a suspension notice for your account or for a listing? The appeal experts at Axelligence are here to review your account and work with you to develop a Plan of Action (POA) so that you can get back to business quickly and efficiently!